Nope. (Gaming)

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 10:22 (1352 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

Between this footnote and Cody refuting my soft remembrance that a game is not available in physical by linking a preorder form for a game that might ship 6 weeks from now it's an odd day where people tell me I'm wrong and then immediately show me I was right… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, Backward compatibility does seem to be in a much better state this time around compared to last time when promises of "backward compatibility" turned out to mean "Connect your 360 to the input of the XBONE", or "we assume the cloud will allow this because it's the beginning of the decade at Microsoft and so we assume the cloud will solve everything. TO THE CLOUD!", but also, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. MS seems to have learned that people care about BC and their PC-ification of the XBOX makes that process easier — more like a windows game. But obviously it's not like a One/One X compatibility. (and once again my appreciation for Kinnect features gets the short end of the stick)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread