I finally got it straight (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, August 10, 2020, 13:39 (1354 days ago) @ Cody Miller

What? Somehow I've remained ignorant that Infinite will be playable on the Xbox One. Seems like a nutty way to sell new consoles, but I did see a video recently saying that Microsoft isn't out to sell consoles. Seems weird to me, but what do I know.

I think I get what they are doing… but hardware is as important as software when it comes to games. Hardware determines the possibilities developers have in the first place.

Might explain why they're getting into the streaming service. Hardware wouldn't be a limitation.

So yeah, it's fine that they want to sell game pass more than hardware. But if the games being developed for game pass all have to target an old ass system, that limits the base complexity of the games.

Not necessarily. I mean, they have Gamepass available on PC through Ultimate (which sadly, I'm starting to get into), and there are already some games available there that aren't available on console, so the complexity is only limited by the platform they choose to put the games on. They don't have to be playable on a Mattrick box.

That said, Gamepass is already seeing what we call Gamepass Fodder, which exists just to pump the value up. Trash-tier exclusives such as Crackdown 3, Bleeding Edge, Grounded, and Sunset Overdrive (to name a few), are being shoveled out onto the service at a steady pace, so people with an Xbone won't feel like the library is very small.

Still, for the next two years, Xbox has promised no Series X-clusives, so Gamepass is no doubt what they want to be their bread-n-butternator.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread