Oh please... (Destiny)

by kapowaz, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 07:35 (3547 days ago) @ PackLeader89

I don't even want to comment on this thread because, like the rest of us, all that you have played is the Beta. I would say: get the game, play 150 hours, and then tell me how the system doesn't work.

Because that's how the world works, right? You can't analyse anything in advance, and you can't apply previous experience to new situations and surmise where potential areas of problem are going to be?

Please.

How are you going to partner up for a raid? Here are some options:
1) Get some of your friends to play Destiny with you (I am doing that)
2) Join a clan of people on your console. I can even recommend a few if you would like (I am doing that)
3) Meet people online that are exploring the same chunk of land as you (I did that).

Number 1 is fair enough, but both 2 and 3 involve some sort of communication, which as it stands will have to happen outside of the game. Hence: problems.

And I will be completely honest: MAYBE DESTINY ISN'T A GAME FOR YOU. But it most certainly is working out great for me.

I'm happy for you that you're happy, and I'm certain I'm still going to enjoy Destiny. But that doesn't obviate the problems that people have pointed out, nor does it mean that we should stop pointing them out. So I'll flip that on its head: if you don't see any problems, great! But perhaps you shouldn't get involved in discussions with people who do.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread