That's just your opinion man (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, August 22, 2014, 06:13 (3546 days ago) @ kapowaz
edited by Kermit, Friday, August 22, 2014, 06:17

And you say it's not for everyone but what you describe would affect everyone.

It wouldn't necessarily (and in practice, in WoW, doesn't) affect everyone because it doesn't happen all the time. I'd say I've experienced being dropped into already-started raids maybe one time in 20. Sure, that's worse than never, but if it means a group is able to find another party member to complete the raid that's a good thing, right? What if it was your raid where a player left and you needed a replacement?

Finding a group easily = a less committed group. If groups are easy come, easy go, then dropping is less painful so everyone will experience more dropping.

The barrier for participating in raids is higher, so it requires a greater commitment to even enter that arena. Greater commitment means a better experience for those who make the effort to play. Less commitment means more dabblers who don't really care what happens.

I think you're starting to second-guess the motives and behaviour of people who would benefit from a matchmade raiding system. Characterising them as 'uncommitted' is a mistake; just because any given individual can't be online to play for 2 hours on a particular weekday evening doesn't mean that when they do have 2 hours available in a single block they're going to be constantly wandering away from the console, or might just decide to stop playing for no particular reason.

Committed means you're there for the duration. Here's a novel idea. What if people who don't have time to play as long as their friends not start a raid with them? That would ensure a better experience for everyone.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread