Oh please... (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, September 06, 2014, 21:44 (3530 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I'm absolutely not being deliberately obtuse. You didn't even really defend your position, you mentioned some topics of this apparently abusive stuff that was said to you and then you just kept stating that what you said was true, so I don't think I can really be blamed for thinking you didn't have much backing for what you were saying and were thus being over-dramatic.
Oh, and I still don't know what you mean with the whole tree analogy (I thought it meant going to certain lengths but now I'm not sure), but I think you might be doing the same thing in getting away from the point I raised (twice) about having barriers and options regarding voice chat rather than completely taking it away, which I raised because you were talking like it was an either-or choice without options.

Okay, maybe you're not deliberately obtuse. You're just obtuse.

My position doesn't need defending because, for one thing, I don't have a firm one in regards to voice chat--I just described the problems that Bungie's approach is trying to address. Your tactic was to deny that these problems are problems, and frankly, that came across as idiotic. Find one person other than yourself who will argue that verbal abuse doesn't happen in online gaming. Everybody who has had much experience with online gaming has witnessed it if, that is, they know the meaning of "abuse."

abuse - language that condemns or vilifies usually unjustly, intemperately, and angrily; harshly or coarsely insulting language

I could provide many more links but they all say the same, and I don't know what more is required for you to understand a commonly understood meaning of a word that is commonly used to describe what often happens in voice chat between strangers during online games.

You can want more open chat options in Destiny, and that's fine. I might want a little more than we have now myself, but the lengths you've gone to to disagree with everything I said are ridiculous. From my perspective, we don't need to continue this conversation.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread