That's just your opinion man (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, August 22, 2014, 09:37 (3546 days ago) @ kapowaz

Just throwing in my two cents here, but most people I know think that adding matchmaking to Firefight in Reach made it significantly worse than Firefight in ODST, both because you were matched with unknown quantities and the changes they made to make it more accessible. Take that how you will applying it to the Raid in Destiny, but I don't think you can "just add" matchmaking to all modes in a game smoothly, especially without compromising some of vision behind the game.

Oh, I 100% agree. I think the decision to support matchmaking has to come first, and then inform the design goals of Raids from then on out.

Maybe Bungie decided that these design considerations impaired their ability to make the type of raid experience they wanted, and so didn't include matchmaking.

What appears to have happened with Destiny is the reverse, though: the design goals of Raids came first, and they then realised that this wouldn't work with matchmaking.

What's wrong with that? All that means is that we are going to get some kind of unique experience.

As ever, here's your WoW analogy:

As far as I'm concerned, the less like WoW the better.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread