That's just your opinion man (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 08:52 (3542 days ago) @ kapowaz

It's pretty straightforward, I thought: it means if you're trying to decide whether to include a feature that might affect how MUCH people play, you should consider the ones that are sticking around more carefully than the ones would would move on quickly to other games anyway.

I'm confused too, now; are you saying that

… someone [who] can't find five people and a few hours over the course of months or years …

… is automatically considered to have ‘moved on quickly to other games’? I'm not sure if I'll be able to find time/people to join in on raids yet, but I'd be very surprised if this means I'll quickly move onto other games. Once again I find myself wondering if constraints beyond a player's control are being confused for disinterest.

I didn't say anything at all like that. I simply reworded Kermit's statement. It was general - it wasn't necessarily being applied specifically to Raids, or even to Destiny as a game. You should really consider not looking for the MOST NEGATIVE POSSIBLE interpretation of any statement before responding to it.

I've kept my mouth shut in this discussion, for the most part, but you're really starting to sound like a broken record. Yes, we get that you think that intentionally limiting the pool of players is a bad call on Bungie's part, and that there are a myriad of ways they could have maintained the consistency of their experience without excluding people. They disagree. In this particular case, they've thought about it a LOT (Luke and crew have been working on this facet of Destiny for YEARS), and they've decided how they want to go forward. The game, in fact, is in production. Past describing your unhappiness, and your potential solutions (both of which you've done, a LOT)... I'm not sure what good continued discussion will possibly do. (If they come to their senses and realize what a terrible mistake they've made before the next iteration is complete, you can take comfort in the fact that they have a huge library of suggestions to look at for solving the problem.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread