Oh please... (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, September 06, 2014, 17:48 (3531 days ago) @ General Vagueness

-Fun is not very often the result of voice chat with people you don't know.

very much in your opinion.
I have enjoyed all of those things before, although I will say "abused" is a pretty weighted term and one that I wouldn't have used.

Abuse is the perfect term for what I'm talking about.

You're being over-dramatic. People will say awful (awful) things to you, that's how people are. Granted, games are usually supposed to let you escape from life, but it's a game where you're constantly playing with other people. Heck, I'm on your friends list and you talk to me on here and we're having (what seems to be) a heated disagreement. You cannot avoid people being unpleasant unless you just don't engage with society, and it bothers me that this game would allow you and encourage you to do just that in its virtual world.

I have no idea what you're talking about, but it's evident that you'd rather climb a tree to disagree than stand on the ground and cede a point.

I don't see how you could fail to understand what I'm talking about, but I'll spell it out: I believe voice chat should be more open and more possible than it was in the beta...

At the risk of pulling a Vagueness and responding to an old thread, when I said I don't know what you're talking about, I meant I don't know what you're refusing to categorize as abuse. Furthermore, I don't know how you can criticize my word choice to describe the ABUSE I've witnessed when we weren't playing together, which is most of my playtime and ALL of my playtime when playing Halo 2 matchmaking, for example.

It's because of just what I said, it's a term that has a lot of weight attached to it. I don't think someone you don't know that's not anywhere near you can verbally abuse you in under 15 minutes (the longest an on-line game of Halo usually lasts).
I'm sure what you're talking about mostly falls under the dictionary definition of abuse (or a dictionary definition of abuse), but I see it as a psychological subject. I'm not a psychologist, so maybe I'm wrong, but in the absence of one I'm going with my impression that you're being over-dramatic, especially given the possibility of simply turning off voice chat.

I think you're being deliberately obtuse. Look up the word. Let's stick a fork in this one, GV.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread