Take. A. Joke. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, March 09, 2015, 14:17 (3336 days ago) @ stabbim

Look, I try not to get personal on here, but...

The effort you put into tracking everything Cody says is actually more irritating than anything Cody says. Give it a rest.

That you've chosen to speak out means that what I'm doing really bothers you. I am sorry for that. I am always worried that I'm going to go too far. That I'm going to nag too much. That I'm going to make everyone else mad at me like I've apparently done with you. We've never really spoken or engaged much that I can recall but it does sadden me if I alienate anyone by my actions. :(

At the same time, what Cody does really bothers me. Part of my wants to give a list of reasons why (not just a crappy list but a reasoning or discussion or some such thing) but the other part says you are already unhappy with me criticizing too much... so I guess I'll leave it alone and move onto my main point:

I see this board as a place where all of us, you, me, Cody, and everyone else should be free to say what they want. But being free to say what we want should also open us up to criticism and being called out. I think its perfectly ok to try and get someone to change their behavior through active disagreement. Because you spoke up I'll try and dial back my criticism of Cody. I think you have a valid point that maybe I have been going too far lately. But what I won't do is "give it a rest" because I think I have the same right to criticize as you and Cody do.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread