But Gjallarhorn! (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, March 09, 2015, 20:09 (3328 days ago) @ Kahzgul

If your step 1 is "Earn 150 marks," then your step 2 is easily achieved in as few as 8 days (the 100 marks/week cap makes me sad).
If your step 1 is "win the lottery" then your step 2 will likely never happen. This doesn't mean that no one has ever won the lottery, but it certainly isn't the most pragmatic option.

I agree with your statement, with the exception of Gjallarhorn and the like (not that I've heard of anyone who actually got one from the great and holy loot cave).

The loot cave certainly FELT good, it sure FELT great seeing that dry and barren floor turned into a shiny disco floor of loot, but it was boring, and in reality I think you were better off earning marks & getting guaranteed weapons. Unfortunately, there's just some weapons that are only obtainable by random chance (purchasing from Xûr is random chance too as his offerings are random) and at this point I would probably shoot a cave for a few hours if it meant I would get a sweet sweet Gjallarhorn (again, not that I've ever heard of someone getting a sweet sweet Gjallarhorn from the loot cave, tho' I DID get an exotic from a Legendary engram dropped by a knight in the rocketyard). I wonder how long it would take to get 10k kills in the loot cave, hmm.

<Hangs head>

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread