Take. A. Joke. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, March 09, 2015, 16:14 (3328 days ago) @ someotherguy

In my time on the forums (which is admittedly a lot shorter than most of you) I've seen Cody say things to the effect of "I saw this problem coming, why didn't Bungie?" or "I/we found this problem after a couple hours of playing, why didn't Bungie notice it?".

Personally, statements like that do not come off to me as "I can make a better game than Bungie".

I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth (but here I go, lol), but to me Cody's complaints almost always boil down to an question of "how could a game developed over so much time, by such a huge and experienced team, suffer from so many problems which to us seem instantly apparent" (Cody, please jump in if I'm off the mark here).

Now personally, I sometimes agree, sometimes not. As I have pointed out in the past, the existence of a problem is not proof that Bungie isn't aware of it. Destiny is easily one of the most systemically complicated games I've ever played. For every problem we see, who knows how many we DON'T see because Bungie fixed them before they got out the door. I can't begin to imagine the logistical nightmare that developing and testing a game like Destiny must be.

Still, we're the hardcore fans, and we like to do some armchair game designing (as the hardcore fans are want to do). The community has made countless valid criticisms and suggestions in the hope of improving Destiny, and Bungie, much to their credit, is doing the best they can to listen to our concerns and slowly reshape the game with our suggestions in mind. Still, it is important that we as a community try to avoid jumping to conclusions while making suggestions or pointing out flaws. Again, just because there is a problem in Destiny doesn't mean Bungie isn't aware of it :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread