Right now I'm inclined toward PS4.

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Monday, May 27, 2013, 12:42 (3986 days ago) @ ManKitten

If PS4 gets better performance and/or image quality in multiplats than Durango, that's a significant plus.

Durango's potential legacy support problems concern me a bit. It's highly unlikely that they'll shut down support any time in the remotely near future if this becomes a successful console (and especially if it becomes a successful platform outside of the traditional console space), but who knows what happens if it doesn't catch on, and Microsoft's game division's legacy support history does them approximately 0 favours here. This isn't like the oXbox where dropping support just killed online play; with Durango, dropping support could wind up bricking everything everywhere forever.

As controllers go, I would formerly have said that the Xbox franchise has a strong hold on me, but the dualshock 4 is finally looking like a reasonable, cohesive design. I think Durango's controller is still looking a bit more attractive than PS4's, but not to the extent of being a hugely significant selling point.

One area where Durango can make itself attractive is with Microsoft's "infinite power of the cloud" bullshlapskie. Their hyperbolic language is bullshlapskie, but the servers aren't, and if that turns into better support for stuff like dedicated servers on Durango, that's a plus.

As Destiny goes in particular, supposedly it might have a slight content advantage on PS4 over Durango, but who knows.

//=================

Right now is wait and see time, though. Not much is known.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread