XBO - agreed

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 11:42 (3984 days ago) @ yakaman

Do you have much trouble switching back and forth?

I find that switching from one system to another matters very little. The general placement of things on a PS3 vs a 360 controller is close enough that it doesn't matter. Provided the button assignments were equivalent, I feel I could play a game on PS3, then switch to the same game on 360 and be fine.

What does get me sometimes is switching from one game to another, especially when they're the same genre (so general movement and actions are similar) but the button assignments are different. Whether it be from a 360 game to a PS3 game, or from one 360 game to another*, if I spend a lot of time on an FPS with one control scheme, and switch to another FPS where some of the actions are on different buttons, THAT is when I get confused. Thankfully, this is usually just for a few minutes.

Unfortunately for your old brain, this does mean that control confusion is probably inevitable. The good news, I suppose, is that it's not likely to be any better or worse if you have 2 consoles.

* Actually, I almost feel it would be LESS of a problem if the PS3 and 360 layouts were hugely different. I doubt I would get as confused, for instance, switching from a Nintendo 64 controller to a 360, simply because the layouts are so different - there's no way my brain could confuse the two.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread