I hate being a gamer :(

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, May 27, 2013, 17:17 (3987 days ago) @ ManKitten
edited by Grizzlei, Monday, May 27, 2013, 17:27

I'm not in a rush to buy the PS4 or Xbox One. The technology behind the two looks fantastic, no doubt about that. It's the functionality that kills my potential ownership. I don't see where Microsoft gets off on calling backwards compability "backwards" (shut up) when the Xbox One probably won't have an extensive library of gems for months. Region locking is also a real bummer. Most of my PS3 game library are Japanese games. I was convinced to buy that console just for an international game. A good chunk of my Blu-ray collection are also international releases.

When I hook up my Xbox One, I will still need to keep my 360 and PS3 at the ready. That's bullshit. Pardon my ignorance, but this functionality seems like easy work for an essential bulletpoint for consumers to appreciate. So right now the PS4 is in my good graces. More worrisome than that are the games. I'm not going to buy either until I can buy enough great exclusive games that equal the amount I paid for the console itself. The Xbox 360 still has plenty of exciting games coming out. It has Netflix, YouTube, and Crunchyroll accessibility. I don't need another "all-in-one box."

Destiny alone won't sell a console for me. All of my gamer friends are on Xbox Live and I don't expect them to buy Xbox One anytime soon. It'll be an Xbox 360 buy for me initially and I won't rule out buying it for PS4 or Xbox One later on.

Also, why does the new Kinect have to be so fucking creepy?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread