We are aligned in this, more or less

by Beckx, Tuesday, May 28, 2013, 08:16 (3984 days ago) @ Schooly D

A mandatory camera/mic connected to a mandatory internet connection that ships with a privacy policy to reassure users is not coming in my house. Why would anyone willingly do that?

I am currently likely to get a PS4 because of the independent/Japanese game scene. Zero interest in AAA games right now, sadly including Destiny. The things that will affect whether I get a PS4: is Eye mandatory (apparently no) and is it region locked. Until PCs get more acceptance/decent ports for fighters I will need a console of some sort (next Guilty Gear looks hawt). I do see myself building out a small form factor PC to stick in my cab for PC fighters (skullgirls), platformers and doujin shmups. Most of what I play is lower priced digital stuff (which is fine, I get fewer rights but pay less money).

Most of my gaming for the foreseeable future is going to be on this gen's consoles (including Wii U for platinum/nintendo stuff). I am not planning on renewing live when it runs out this year, though. Migrating my online play over to PS3.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread