I've posted proof, but hey - here it is again (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, December 07, 2016, 08:59 (2687 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Kahzgul, Wednesday, December 07, 2016, 09:18

Korny, you're being insulting. I have said many good things about Destiny's art, the depth of its PvP strategy, and the grimoire writing. This thread, however, is about where Titanfall is better than Destiny. It's not about the opposite, nor is it meant to be the sum of every point for or against Destiny that could possibly exist. Furthermore, I find it hard to believe that anyone who has spent two hours or longer in Destiny's PvP could believe that lag isn't an issue there, and I find it even more preposterous that you'd think I'm just making up all of my complaints (and somehow convincing hundreds of fanboys on reddit to make similar complaints). But let's put that aside: I have posted proof of this several times, but here, just for you, just to show you how unjust you're being, I've posted them again, plus a few videos that I hadn't bothered uploading yet because I mistakenly thought that the fact of lag in Destiny was accepted universally by now.

Now I want to mention this statement of yours that "pressing the share button is too hard." That's false. What's too hard is taking time out of my gaming to trim up the clips properly, post them to youtube, wait for the uploads (so I'm not lagging while gaming), wait for youtube to decode them, copy the URL, and paste that here. Fortunately for you, I have some time off for the holidays so I can stay up late and do that rather than keep playing my games. Enjoy!

Here's an example of common lag for me. I'm blowing this guy up and he has time after I land what should be the killshot to go and kill two of my buddies. Then he dies and I get credit for the headshot. Complete bullshit.

This one is the kind of shit that makes me furious. I had the guy beat, should have OHK'd with my shotgun, followed up with melee anyway, and then he completely disappears. And then shotguns me from behind. I lose at least one round of trials every time I try just like this, and it's horseshit. I don't understand how MLG can certify this crap code.

Yes, I realize that's only one round out of, say 30, but if it ends what otherwise would have been a lighthouse run you're not losing to a better team, you're losing to shitty programming and/or cheaters. Turns hours of time into a complete waste.

And just to show this isn't a one-off, here's another.

Now this next one is a typical Destiny game for me. It's mostly fine, but there are a few places where it's absolute nonsense that I didn't get a kill and/or that there was a trade. 90% of my games fall into this category. It's pretty good most of the time, but there are still two or three complete head scratchers. Note that I've never had a single match of Titanfall that was questionable at all, let alone as questionable as this, very typical, Destiny match. This is the full match. It's only maybe three deaths that are lag-related, but those end my killstreaks, cost my team control over a point, and generally ruin the experience for me. The frustration of dying well after you shotgun a guy in the face far outweighs the fun of the other times that the game behaves properly.

And now here is the laggiest match I've ever played. I'll be honest. Watching it, the match doesn't look that bad. But it was. Not just the visible glitching, but note the guy in tether who completely disappears. Note the rocket that just sticks in the ground for a second before exploding. Note the several times I get sniped just after I move behind cover, or by someone who is still behind cover. Every time I die and there's a delay before I respawn, that's the game, not me. I always press the respawn button as soon as possible. You can also note that I've had it with lag during this game because after one particularly egregious lag-skipper kills me with about 7 minutes to go, I report all three red bar heroes on their team. Also note that I am so used to the lag delay on my own kills that several times I land what should be the killing blow and just move on even though the guy still shows as alive for a second longer (this, in particular, makes the game look not so laggy when just watching it, but the fact is that I've become so used to the lag that I assume that's what's going on). Also, yes, this is an old clip. Just wanted to show how bad the lag can be. And yes, I still do well and my team still wins. That doesn't mean the lag wasn't an issue.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread