One thing I didn't see commented upon (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, December 07, 2016, 18:37 (2696 days ago) @ MacGyver10

Evolve died because optimal gameplay for one of the teams was not to engage the other team, and optimal gameplay for the other team was not to have any randoms at all on your team.

I do really miss that Splinter Cell PvP. It was so, so well done. I dream of a day when a MMORPG has each class essentially playing a completely different game, like a hunter is FPS, a warrior is in a side by side fighter, the rogue is in a 3rd person stealth game, the bard is playing a rhythm game, and the mage is doing something akin to tetris. That's my dream.

Yeah, I would agree with that on Evolve. My thoughts are always that asymmetrical would thrive with random-generated maps too. Focus on the toolset on hand with your class or character, and then let them be applied to whatever map shows up.

As for your MMORPG idea, maybe Blizzard will someday retire WoW and get to working on that!

- MacGyver10

Man, I'd love to see any game use procedurally generated maps. Remember Shining Force? When you encountered a random fight in the world map, it generated terrain for the tactics fight based on what tiles you were on and near in the world map. So great. You could find a good high ground spot and wait for the wandering monster to come to you, essentially setting an ambush.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread