they both restrict you in different ways (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, December 07, 2016, 16:57 (2668 days ago) @ Korny

Plus, if there is a gun in Titanfall 2 that you really want to use, you can unlock it at any time with in-game credits, bypassing the entire level-up climb.

Implying that you don't have to grind for credits too...

On your first playthrough, you can't avoid the walled off gear. Sure, you can earn enough Credits to unlock one or two pieces of gear before you level up enough to unlock things through level grinding, but you still have to put the time in just for that opportunity.

Yes, you need to put in *some* time. But Titanfall is on a completely different scale than Destiny in this regard. You earn credits constantly for playing any game mode, credits are plentiful, and unlocks are cheap. I've earned 350 credits in less than a week on Xbox... Unlocking Tone cost 15 credits, I think?
And as I said in my reply to Raga's post, I jumped into my very first game on equal footing with players who have everything unlocked. They have more options at their disposal, yes. But the starting gear is every bit as strong and effective as the unlocks at the end of the progression.
It's not remotely compatible to Destiny in this regard.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread