they both restrict you in different ways (Destiny)

by Durandal, Wednesday, December 07, 2016, 13:58 (2697 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Titanfall has a handful of weapons, much like Halo, and has already had 3 balance patches.

The price you pay for variety is imbalance. Destiny has lots of variation in it's guns, and not surprisingly there are some bad ones, even in ideal categories like low impact pulses or high impact shotguns.

You will always have guns that are weaker, or abilities that are not as good. While I sympathize with the added level of frustration in Destiny, where you need a good archetype plus a good roll, and RNG plays havoc with that (I still have never had a PC+1 or Matador drop), that is in part what people want. Psychologically, people want weapon rarity, and thus the randomness. I would prefer to do away with it entirely, but I'm in a minority here. I hate COD's loot box drops for the same reason.

Titanfall restricts things by making you use unleveled guns until you level up. What is worse, spending a bunch of motes of light you get just for playing to fully max out a gun from the get go, or having to fight with one hand tied behind your back just to get a different sight?

Destiny's level requirements are effectively zero. Sparks of light, or just doing the main missions will get you to max level easily. Titanfall locks you out of classes until you finish a long PVP grind.

So Destiny's only real gate is gear score, and randomness, VS Titanfall's timed lockouts.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread