they both restrict you in different ways (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, December 07, 2016, 16:50 (2696 days ago) @ Ragashingo

The amount you are at a disadvantage is probably somewhat the same. In Destiny it would take me a good week or two to level up from 0 and unlock a full subclass and buy a couple of Legendary vendor weapons. At that point I'd feel more or less equal to most players in normal Crucible.

In Titanfall 2, it seems like its going to take me at least that long to unlock the various guns, scopes, boosts, classes, Titans, and the alternate Titan abilities.

If anything I think Destiny has a longer level up cycle just because there are so many subclasses and because it can take a while to get a set of armor that boosts the stats you want boosted.

Again, this is not taking into account the fact that you can use credits (the in-game currency, NOT a real money thing) to purchase unlocks at any time. When I started playing on Xbox I played 1 game and finished with enough credits to buy Tone. Boom. My upgrade path was 99% complete. Another couple days of playing and I had the scope I wanted for my R-201. I could have purchased other unlocks as well, but I was perfectly happy playing with the default loadouts and unlocking other perks/gear naturally because I never felt like I was at a disadvantage.

Compare that the the couple of weeks it takes to fully upgrade a single subclass in Destiny, plus the countless weeks or months it can take to get top-tier gear loadouts (depending on skill and the RNG gods).

They're worlds apart in this regard :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread