Let's talk PvP Weapon Balance (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, June 20, 2016, 18:50 (2927 days ago) @ Kahzgul

First off. Let me state that I strongly feel that PvP and PvE should be completely divorced from each other. That way they can balance the weapons individually.

I'm a huge fan of the Halo Reach/4 style of loadouts. I think they accomplished the tasks at hand extremely well. You were given a primary/secondary and then you picked up other power weapons as the game went on. The difference was that the secondary was essentially another primary weapon, not a one hit kill weapon.

You could have a similar setup where the focus is taken completely away from the shotgun/sniper/fusion setup we are currently dealing with.

I would suggest that in PvP only we are able to choose a primary and a secondary from our Primaries + sidearms. Combine all of the OHK weapons into a power weapons category.

This would completely shift the gameplay back to being focused on weapon skill rather then just getting that one shot that dominates everything else.

Now with secondary/heavies being combined into one slot. You make it where the ammo is even more scarce. Let special/heavy drop once or twice per match. Give each weapon the max of one magazine no exception. Snipers/Shotguns/Fusions could get buffed to a base of 5-6 rounds of ammo. Heavies would get 2 rockets max, and one magazine of MG. The kicker on this is you then have to choose what you want when that ammo drops. You get one or the other only, never both at the same time.

The main issue I see with this is Supers would be extremely hard to shut down (maybe that's a good thing?)

I agree with your assessment of the ADS. primaries should go much faster then secondaries and heavys.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread