Your numbers are off by quite a bit. (Destiny)

by electricpirate @, Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 01:07 (2927 days ago) @ Kahzgul
edited by electricpirate, Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 01:49

And here's the issue: To make primaries balanced, Bungie has steadily nerfed the best performing weapons to bring them more in line with the worst performing ones. This means that your average TTK with primary weapons is in the 2-3 second range, which is an eternity. I know some guns are theoretically a 1.33 TTK, but that's a fantasyland that only Luminosity and RealKrafty will actually be able to visit. For the rest of us mere mortals, TTK is higher.

1.333 second optimum ttk would be far and away the worst TTK in the game. The only thing that's remotely near that slow are Medium ROF pulses. DOP is .86 seconds, Mida is .9, Hawksaw is 1. 3 shot bursts.

Optimum TTKs are almost all sub second, average TTKs probably about 1 to 1.5 seconds. 1 Second is a lot of time to keep a sniper from getting a bead or to stop a rushing shotgunner.

Here's a full TTK breakdown: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L7FV9l4hXo2tHD3XlFUp854XvJIwTKFIPvASLduPPS4/edit#gid=0

I think to underscore how far off base the TTK discussion about weapons gets, Mid ROF autos are considered garbage, while fast ROF are considered part of the Meta. The difference in TTK? 4/100s of a second.

I will say though I entirely agree with this sentiment:

- First, ADS aiming needs to be fixed. The camera bounce should exactly match the bloom pattern of hipfire, and all bullets should always go where the reticle is pointed. There should be no hidden bloom effect that could possibly result in "phantom" bullets. All shot adjustment should be visibly communicated in the camera and reticle bounce while ADS.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread