Let's talk PvP Weapon Balance (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 21:21 (2925 days ago) @ Kahzgul

If you're saying it's dumb to trick a shotgunner into facing left and only for you to attack him from the right, well, that should not be dumb. That is a tactical play which I would like to see rewarded more often. A good player with good positioning catching another good player off guard with poor positioning should win the 1v1, regardless of whether they're using a primary or special weapon. A great player should still be able to get away or turn the tables, but good v. good in that situation shouldn't be a question.

I understand that you'd like to be able to kill an unaware opponent with primary before they can turn around and shotgun you - but why limit yourself to one way of killing, and then complain about that?

If I come around a corner and see someone's back, maybe I'll stick them and turn around. Maybe I'll take two shots with my primary as I run to them for a punch to finish the job. There are plenty of options that DON'T require me to go straight up primary vs secondary... and that's good, because primary SHOULDN'T beat secondary, unless 1) you're good, 2) they're bad, or 3) you're lucky.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread