Let's talk PvP Weapon Balance (Destiny)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 13:31 (3019 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Primary vs. secondary is not fair at all.

It's not supposed to be. Special weapons are supposed to dominate in special circumstances.

At close range AR vs Shotgun is supposed to go to shotgun.
At Midrange Hand canon vs Fusion rifle is supposed to go to fusion rifle.
At long range, Scout rifle vs sniper is supposed to go to sniper.

Assuming you know how to use the secondaries properly that is.

Right, and at close range AR vs Sniper is supposed to go AR, but guess what - it doesn't because Snipers are too easy to use at close range (if you're good with them). How about mid-range AR vs Shotgun? Oh right, that should go AR but it usually goes shotgun because of the ridiculous range on shotguns and lag. Unfortunately in the current meta primaries vs secondaries is not fair in the places where it should be in addition to the places it shouldn't be.

Personally, I think they need to change how some of the secondary weapons work. If you zoom a sniper while moving I think it should scope a bit more randomly requiring the player to adjust, I mean you don't zoom snipers while running in real life, why would you do that in Destiny? Or maybe you don't get to zoom a sniper unless you are standing still? I don't think they necessarily need to increase the frames it takes for a sniper to zoom, but they should encourage you to engage a sniper-level range somehow.

For shotguns, I think they need to increase the damage fall-off significantly. Increasing the range should only affect the grouping of the shotgun slugs so that you do more damage at range due to more slugs hitting, but with the damage fall-off keeping the range short.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread