+1 to portions of this. (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, June 20, 2016, 19:37 (3020 days ago) @ unoudid

I would suggest that in PvP only we are able to choose a primary and a secondary from our Primaries + sidearms. Combine all of the OHK weapons into a power weapons category.

This would completely shift the gameplay back to being focused on weapon skill rather then just getting that one shot that dominates everything else.

Now with secondary/heavies being combined into one slot. You make it where the ammo is even more scarce. Let special/heavy drop once or twice per match. Give each weapon the max of one magazine no exception. Snipers/Shotguns/Fusions could get buffed to a base of 5-6 rounds of ammo. Heavies would get 2 rockets max, and one magazine of MG. The kicker on this is you then have to choose what you want when that ammo drops. You get one or the other only, never both at the same time.

Would you keep or lose sniper/shotty ammo when you died?

For crucible I like the idea of having 2 primaries and putting OHK weapons in a special third slot. If we weren't dropping our ammo on death I think I'd expect to keep shotgun/sniper/fusion ammo between deaths, but not rocket/machine gun/sword ammo. Also, I think ammo for your second primary should be somewhat limited. Perhaps ammo would go with which slot the gun is in, so green ammo would be required for your second primary, and purple for your OHK weapon.

I don't like this solution for PvE. I'd hate to chose between sniper ammo and heavy ammo in PvE. You might be able to convince me if green ammo made any second primary shoot elemental damage, maybe.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread