+1 to portions of this. (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, June 20, 2016, 20:38 (3020 days ago) @ dogcow

Would you keep or lose sniper/shotty ammo when you died?

I'm fine with losing all special ammo on death. If not then it needs to be very limited, maybe you could lose it after two deaths? I'm not 100% sure on this. I figure special weapons and heavy weapons should feel special. by making the ammo so scarce then it really becomes special.

For crucible I like the idea of having 2 primaries and putting OHK weapons in a special third slot. If we weren't dropping our ammo on death I think I'd expect to keep shotgun/sniper/fusion ammo between deaths, but not rocket/machine gun/sword ammo. Also, I think ammo for your second primary should be somewhat limited. Perhaps ammo would go with which slot the gun is in, so green ammo would be required for your second primary, and purple for your OHK weapon.

I like the idea of having to pick up ammo for your currently equipped weapon only. With the exception being ammo crates for secondary/heavy. Those just go to the slot even if not equipped at the time.

I don't like this solution for PvE. I'd hate to chose between sniper ammo and heavy ammo in PvE. You might be able to convince me if green ammo made any second primary shoot elemental damage, maybe.

This is why I really think there should be a split between PvP and PvE. I think PvE is in a fairly good spot where it is.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread