Let's talk PvP Weapon Balance (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 15:46 (2924 days ago) @ Kahzgul

An enemy with his back to you should never be an unfavorable encounter.

What if the enemy

- Has a sword and uses it to attack behind them?
- Is in the middle of Arc Blade, or uses the area of effect of Hammer of Sol, Nova Bomb, or Fist of Havoc, or the chaining of Stormtrance to strike behind them?

Just being behind someone does not guarantee that you will win.

Okay, I'll grant those two, but again you seem to be really going out of your way to ignore the point I'm trying to make. Here is my more semantically accurate statement:

An enemy without heavy ammo or an active super with his back to you who is also inside the optimal zone of engagement for your primary weapon should never be an unfavorable encounter for you, even if he has special ammo, assuming that you are both of equal skill and have full health and shields with no other players in a position to intervene in the 1v1 engagement which you are initiating, even when your own grenade and melee ability are on cooldown, you have no super, and your only available weapon is a primary weapon (which is, itself, one of the top tier primaries and not some crap green you equipped because your name is Ragashingo and you're intentionally sabotaging the discussion).

I hope that covers it.

lol - I'll concede that in those circumstances, reality (as Bungie has defined it) is not as good as it should be.

And for the 2 encounters a month I experience where all of those conditions are met, I'll tip my hat to Kahzgul and shout "dammit, Bungie, I should have won that!"

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread