Let's talk PvP Weapon Balance (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 05:48 (2927 days ago) @ unoudid

I really think the only way to make PvP competitive on an esports level would be to make it where you have a fixed set of weapons to choose from. Either create specific crucible weapons you have to use. Or my favorite option, eliminate the RNG altogether from the weapons when it comes to perk selection in some manor. Again, make the gunsmith useful. You should be able to buy or unlock pieces with glimmer/marks/progression. Once they are unlocked then you have it available from then on out. Just let us craft our weapons. It's pretty crappy we are trying to save humanity but have no say in what weapons we get to use thanks to RNG.

This has always bugged me. Can't I take my rangefinder Party Crasher and my Aggressive Ballistics Party Crasher to the gunsmith and have him... I dunno... *smith* me a Party Crasher with both perks? So silly.

Personally, I don't think Destiny will ever be an e-sports worthy game simply because of the networking model. You can't trust that a player you shoot at is actually there. That being said, there should absolutely be a "fixed weapons" game mode. That would be awesome. Pre-fabricated weapons for use only in the crucible's most competitive modes. Hell yes.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread