Let's talk PvP Weapon Balance (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Thursday, June 23, 2016, 01:12 (2925 days ago) @ Ragashingo

This really sounds like your whole argument to this point sounds like "well this scenario is clearly an idiot playing." Let's assume the player in question is not an idiot and is pretty good at the game; they just don't happen to have any special ammo at this exact moment. They have made the best of it and outmaneuvered an enemy player, catching them looking the wrong way.

I don't believe the weapon balance is anywhere near as broken as you do. Do I think there problems? Sure. Sucks ballsack level problems? Absolutely not. Because of this, I'm unable to agree that someone who attempts to fight within shotgun range when they have no special ammo has outmaneuvered their enemy. They may be a good player, but in that encounter they made a serious tactical mistake and rightly paid the price for it. (Happens to me all the time!)

...if you don't have special ammo and your enemy does, *what do you do to fight back?* ...Do you run away and hope your super or grenade comes back up before the other team finds you...

Absolutely! I'm at the top of my games and the Crucible is far less frustrating for me when I allow myself to disengage from unfavorable encounters.

An enemy with his back to you should never be an unfavorable encounter.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread