Here we go...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, August 26, 2013, 16:46 (3866 days ago) @ rhubarb

RTs most popular video has 23 million views and it's about Angry Birds. That's not viral, that's a popular YT entity making a funny video about a viral phenomenon.

Gangnam Style is a video by a previously unknown korean, singing nonsense with 1.7 billion views. That's viral.

To say you want your game to be a cultural touchstone like Star Wars, LoTR and Harry Potter, which have much different beginnings, just highlights that you don`t understand what make them that popular. Here`s a hint: No one does.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't think it is wrong to state what you want something to be. Bungie has long been known for aiming really big, it doesn't seem like a bad thing to set a goal that even you are not sure you can achieve, especially when it comes to popularity. To me I read their desires as "We already made one of the biggest video game franchises in the world, now let's aim for making one of the largest entertainment franchises in the world."

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread