I think this is the best place to post this

by serpx, Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 21:10 (3866 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I agree. We all have different desires in this world. Some of us consider having an awesome family living up to our potential, and some of us have other goals, which we consider bigger, such as accomplishing some great task like Bungie is striving to do.

I contemplated reducing my goals many times financially, just getting a wife, having kids, and just living. But, for some of us, there's a large part that really would like to contribute more to this world. A huge fire that makes us want to improve ourselves endlessly -- and it's satisfying. There are a lot of pitfalls, cliffs, terrible days, etc. in the process of climbing those mountains, but my god, does it feel amazing when you've climbed one. You look into the distance, feeling great, and in front you see a bigger mountain, ready to be climbed.

For me, that makes life more enjoyable. And again for a lot of others, that's not the case. But, I can do that on top of "letting go" and playing with kids -- just as a lot of people are doing today, especially at Bungie.

I don't know where I'm going with this. Awesome post!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread