Addendum from one of your HBO posts, Cody

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 22:58 (3887 days ago) @ Xenos

What was Cortana's plan when she stayed behind on High Charity?

They talk about that in the game: to help MC get on the Forerunner ship by delaying it's launch and to set off In Amber Clad to kill the flood (which of course she failed at).

Why did Regret jump the gun?

I can't remember if this is in one of the games... someone let me know if it wasn't, but I remember the reason he went was because he had located an artifact that he believed could guide them to the Ark, and he didn't even realize it was Earth he was going to.

Yes, this is explained in the messages Cortana intercepts while you're traveling in the underwater elevator in the level Regret.

It is also displayed by the depiction of his character and further scenes in the EU, like in Cole Protocol. He was always cunning and deceitful, trying to pull a fast one over Truth and gain the upper hand in their scheming tribunal.

As for Cortana's plan, I think she explains it plainly and directly in Halo 2. It is also elaborated further upon in Human Weakness in the Evolutions anthology.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread