Halo and Destiny are ACTION games

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 22:14 (3866 days ago) @ Xenos

Maybe because this is a thread about Bungie wanting Destiny to be taken seriously and comparing it to a film, when I don't believe they have the writing talent to achieve that goal?

Right... but you jumped from arguing how Halo wasn't great at storytelling to (without bringing up Destiny) arguing that Halo isn't as good as some of the best movies/books ever made...

Halo has a better story than most action movies I have watched, and guess what, as Bungie is fond of saying Destiny will be an ACTION game, not a drama, thriller, or social commentary. Saying it'll fit on the shelf with great media does not mean that it has to be the greatest thing ever made I think that easily is taking their statement to the extreme of what they meant.

Fair enough, but let me remind you that things like action movies aren't precluded from being insightful and interesting. Starship Troopers, Aliens, Book of Eli, etc.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread