Addendum from one of your HBO posts, Cody

by Avateur @, Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 21:54 (3894 days ago) @ Avateur

"Halo 2 was a beautiful mess. Plenty of filler missions, yet we get a character, the Arbiter, who quite ironically has the most humanity of any character in the trilogy. It's actually fitting the game ends with him; for we really are shown the true protagonist in the Halo trilogy. He has internal struggle, in total conflict with his long held beliefs. The end to the trilogy would be a glorious redemption for this character and his story arc. While some people bemoaned the whole 'great journey' thing, little hints were dropped that led me to believe there was more to it than that, and that Truth's ultimate plan was yet to be revealed."

I love the post as a whole and agree with nearly all of it, but just check out that above portion right there. You said it quite well. That human condition, even in an alien. And but one example of it from H2.

And yes, it's still small scale. That's what leads me to my larger point, which is that we have no idea what Bungie's writers have the ability to do now (especially considering H2's development and story got derailed, and considering that Halo was supposed to end at the end of H2). New universe, new motivation, years of experience, and potentially something really great on the horizon.

http://forums.bungie.org/halo/archive31.pl?read=926360

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread