We both know that Halo stories have been done very well

by Avateur @, Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 20:46 (3888 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Wait, what? Not that I want to get into a breakdown right now, but H1 and H2's narratives, plots, and stories are actually very well written, especially considering the troubles that hit H2 during development and the changes in direction that the game and story went. All gameplay aside, those stories are actually very, very well done. You've even said so yourself many times and in very well written fashion at HBO. It's H3 where it all falls apart.

I know you're not a big fan of ODST, and that's a fun discussion on its own as far as story goes, but I'm only referring to the main trilogy.

So based on H1 and H2, and considering that they wanted H2 to be the end (it wasn't) and that Microsoft had them wrapped up for a few more Halo games, who knows what a fresh start, a new creative energy, and Jason Jones's ideas and direction might do for Destiny from a story and narrative based standpoint.

Edit: And with regard to the human condition, while Halo absolutely had some aspects of that, Destiny might lend itself much better to exploring and tapping into the human condition than Halo was able to, and really allow Bungie's writers to flourish.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread