Game of the Decade (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, September 09, 2019, 10:44 (1690 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, September 09, 2019, 10:49

God of War

From what I've seen, it's not really even close to being a good game, let alone the game of the decade or the 'best game of all time' as you put it.

Witcher 3

While the story and world are probably great, it seems like the mechanics of the game are tiresome and trite. Follow the dotted line.

Mass Effect 3

Don't know enough to say.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Seems like just a 'good' game to me, not game of the decade material.

The Last of Us

The only other serious contender to Dark Souls for me.

GTA V

The conceit is a decade old, and everything about the game is tedious, stereotypical, and thin.

Skyrim

This is a decent "Hitler" choice for game of the decade, and argument could certainly be made.

The Walking Dead

Shit, ugly game that adds nothing to the genre. Games like Until Dawn had more meaningful choices.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Don't know enough to say.

Horizon: Zero Dawn

I… did not like this game at all.

Titanfall 2

The campaign was great, but it feels like an extension and refinement

Destiny

Again… more of a refinement. It's only spawned a handful of copycats, whereas Halo's DNA was in every FPS game of the last decade it seems. The MMO ideas and investment elements were already established in the industry.

Rocket League

Could be a top 5 for sure, but not #1.

Vanquish

I am willing to admit that while it is the best 3PS ever made and super super good, that it's stuck in an 'old school' type of design that relies so heavily on mechanics to immerse.

Fortnite

Worth considering (for better or for worse) seeing as how more people play it than watched Seinfeld.

Nier Automata

I really think this game expanded the storytelling potential of games, and will probably be more well regarded the more time passes.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread