INSANEdrives Game of the Decade (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, September 10, 2019, 12:15 (1651 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Right, so I should first start this with I haven't touched PlayStation anything since OG. I'm hoping that with Ps5 Back Compat, I can play all the Single Player Games. I really don't want to bother signing up for a PlayStation Account, as I just want to play the games and shoo away all the Sony nonsense. That's the idea anyway. I haven't touched Nintendos stuff in years either (sans what I already have). Come on Nintendo! Let's get a Kirby Air Ride 2!

In otherwords, this is all Xbox.

With this...awgeeze... decade, I've played far fewer games then the PAST decade for WHATEVER reason that may be. I've enjoyed a lot of games in that time. Ori and the Blind Forest, Skyrim, Fallout 4, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Pray (2017), Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Batman: Arkham Knight, Portal 2. Those are some of the games I've played that jump out at me in recall, that I'm not going to talk about below. All of these were solid solid games. I could gladly talk about all of them.

To me, I'm thinking that to be "Game of the Decade", it has to be more than "I enjoyed this game" & "It was made really well". It has to be both, and a phenomenon. And Quotable and loved.

It has to change you. It has to have impact. Of the games I've playied that I recall it has to be this.

My runner up would be BioShock Infinite. The story, the game play, the world. When that ending came I couldn't play video games for a week, I tell ya I felt gutted. I kind of drifted in a delirious stupor for that week. I did not realize how invested I had become. And you probably know why. Elizabeth. The game was essentially built around the A.I. work, and I loved every moment of it. That's the short version. That's what you get for runner up.

Problem is, once you play it once you've played it. I have since given it other playthroughs, but there isn't anything the is going to give that impact from the first playthrough. Perhaps that's a good thing.

Which means the winner, for me, would have to be the game which I've completed every achievement for in the entire trilogy. Even if we ignore the first one, which came out late last decade, nothing really changes. The first game feels so different from the other two, due to them being so improved, that I think I would be easy to just mentally start at 2.

It had to be Mass Effect 2. Everyone else got it wrong. ;D

To me this game was perfect end to end. I enjoyed the Whole Trilogy, but we're splittin' hairs here. Mass Effect 2 is the Winner.

I've played this game with multiple playthroughs and enjoyed it each and every time. Where BioShock Infinite used its A.I work to help build onto the story, to help bring you in to the world, Mass Effect didn't need any tricks. Much like Lord of the Rings, everything was (almost) accounted for. You just booted up the device of choice, walked in and you were somewhere else zipping across galaxies, walking on barren remote worlds. Saving the Galaxy with a cast of folks I know by name. This game was made for me. It checked off every box.

I hear that music, and I get goosebumps. Only one other game has done that, and that was from last decade. ;D

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread