INSANEdrives Game of the Decade (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, September 10, 2019, 13:08 (1661 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I would perhaps someday like to play Mass Effect 2, but the original bored me after 15 minutes. Yes I know I know. 2 fixes all that. I know everybody raves about the series. I feel like I owe it to myself to play and understand it since I care about this art form.

One is... very stilted. And it's becoming more and more so as the medium moves forward. Of all the Achievements I did, One was the hardest. It required you to play the game again and again, and that starter level does not replay well. As I recall the same is true for both KOTORs as well. Let me off this Starter world so I bite into the meat!

Bioshock Infinite is an… interesting proposal though. I truly believe the philosophy and theme are quite vile. It may be important, but I feel like it’s the gaming equivalent of Birth of a Nation. An important film for sure (honestly the film of its decade!), but not exactly a highlight of morality.

That's the point, in a degree. There's also the fun "lighthouse" angle. Look ugliness in the face. Explore what you would have not other wise. Honestly reading the responses to this game has been more simultaneously edifying and petrifying than anything that happens in this game. Sometimes to an ironic degree. Some people pick the bird, but choose the cage. I find it to be quite sad, though it may be all part of the "personal battle" thing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread