Wat (Gaming)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, September 10, 2019, 23:10 (1651 days ago) @ Kermit

It definitely is. One of the flaws in the game may be that before you implement certain upgrades, aiming is not as easy as you might be accustomed to so the difficulty curve is a little steep. (I loaned my console to a non-gamer and he couldn't make it out past the first clicker.) On the other hand, to me that difficulty (and stress) added to the realism.

So, if that's the case, I would say the flaw wasn't even that the aiming was poor (which I definitely remember it being). A more significant problem was that, as far as I can remember, I didn't know I'd be able to change it later. As far as I knew, I was just stuck with it, and believe me, that did NOT motivate me to keep trying. I don't remember enough to know whether that was the game's failure (bad messaging) or my own (failing to notice good messaging). But either way, if I'd known at the time that things were going to get better, I might have trudged on a little further.

In lieu of watching a complete walkthrough for story, you might watch a few people get through the section that stopped you until you are leveled a bit higher. This guy is amazing for speed runs and some of his strategies would make Easy a cakewalk. (Don't watch him for story--he skips cutscenes.)

That's ok, it's been too long and I really don't have any motivation to try to play through again. I don't know that I even was stuck, exactly. I just stopped feeling like going further. I'm satisfied with having played enough to understand basically how the game works, and I'll happily watch someone else deal with the aiming systems. :) I do want to experience the story, though.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread