Game of the Decade (Gaming)

by Avateur @, Thursday, September 12, 2019, 23:08 (1649 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Which ending, though? The way I play it, a bunch of stuff happens, then Shepard almost gets his identity stolen by his clone, the he hosts an awesome party. Afterwards, the crew of the Normandy stride heroically towards their awaiting ship... and probably save the galaxy is some awesomely heroic and clever way.

If Witcher 3's Blood and Wine is the best DLC ever, the Citadel is the second best. It was such a great thank you to the fans of all three games, and it's pretty much were I stop playing now. I much prefer it to Star Child giving me three nonsensical choices. (Though, I am kinda a fan of the fail until the next cycle ending... that was pretty good, too.)

I actually never played that DLC, and this is the first time I've heard of it. I ended up going into the ending of the game pre-extended-endings. Regardless of my option(s), it appeared that every decision I had previously made didn't matter at all, my crew had crashed randomly with no escape on a random planet, all of the relays were knocked out so they were stuck, and every other faction was forever stuck on Earth with no way back to their homes or anything. Some things didn't even entirely add up. Then I found out that because I didn't play multiplayer, I went into that final battle at 50% readiness no matter what I had done throughout ME3. I didn't do much with ME3 past that point.

Then you get things like the Indoctrination Theory trying to explain away all of the bad choices and whatever. I just looked up the DLC you mentioned, and that sounds amazing. I can't blame you for viewing that as your definitive end (give or take). I also really liked the no-choice ending, too, but I didn't come across it until later.

Also, I think the ME2 Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC might be one of the best DLCs I've ever purchased and played. It was so damn great.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread