I have never given up on a Bungie game so soon (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 18:43 (3462 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Name ONE person who would like to farm materials for an hour to upgrade their gun. Nobody? If it were fun, why'd they change it and let you buy materials now?

Because it wasn't fun, people complained and they fixed it. They are caving on a ton of their decisions to make the game more fun. You cannot with a straight face say that you would routinely do patrol missions if you got no reward or there were no bounties for them. Or go out of your way to kill 2 things at once 20 times with a fusion rifle.

I thought there was an imbalance to the number of materials you would need to upgrade versus the ease of finding them, and thankfully Bungie is adjusting for that going forward, but Patrol is by far the thing I play most.

I love to explore and I find the missions relaxing before going to bed. With each Patrol, I usually find a nook I hadn't seen before. Just yesterday, I found two Ghosts! It helps that I love just examining the art direction, too.

I always skip that fusion rifle bounty you mentioned (and rarely use fusion rifles altogether), but I use the rest of the bounties to mix up my patrols. Even after completing them though, I'll keep patrolling for fun.

I also rarely put actively acquiring materials above anything else I was doing. I did so many patrols already that I tended to be filled to the brim with glowing things. I think I only really 'farmed' for Helium coils once when I first got an Exotic and was impatient and excited to empower it.

So there you go.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread