If at first you grind, grind again. (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, December 03, 2014, 19:46 (3606 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This isn't meant to sound rude or condescending, but to those of you who are getting frustrated with the grinding - have you tried mixing up what you play? Or taking breaks?

More like breaks. The problem with mixing it up is that Bungie didn't really include any really interesting activities, sans the raid. It's worth playing over and over, but not a whole lot else in the game is, crucible excepted.

Well I find all the different activities interesting... but when I said mixing it up I meant playing other games.

Maybe a lot of the issues some folks are seeing are simply from overplaying Destiny? I played most of the Halos a ridiculous amount, and continually so for years (and still from time to time). But that was a one-of-a-kind anomaly for me. There are some games I played a few hours a day for a week, loved it, but was satisfied from just that, and never played them again. But I don't feel like they failed me. I put 200 hours into Skyrim over the course of three years, and I loved that game. I'm at 130ish for Destiny after two months. That alone tells me it's a great game, regardless of its flaws.

But I'm not going to keep this rate up, and I don't see that as a bad thing. If I love a movie, I'll watch it a lot at first, but eventually I slow down, spread it out. It's just what happens with... stuff. You got to mix it up. Find the right pace. :)

Maybe I'll have to slow down soon and start to savor Destiny? Maybe this game will become something I do once a week? I consider that a pretty big accomplishment for any game I've already put so much time into.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread