Double Des2ny Reviews (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, October 16, 2017, 12:31 (2396 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I’ll do better.

I appreciate the nature of your engagement, overall. Even when you get a little sharp, which I haven't ever felt was uncalled for or needlessly vicious.

I'm chiming in here because the original point seems to have been lost, and regardless of all this other bickering and finger-pointing in the middle of it; your consistency and focus (if it even matters, coming from me) is to be commended. It galls me a little to see this as the result, when those that could use a little perspective don't appear to consider (or frankly even care) what others here are observing.

Regardless the length one goes to in citing evidence to back up a point, there's no threshold at which a preponderance of evidence then makes the claimant wrong. And, because I'm not convinced we're ever going to exhaust our need for a certain type of glue around these parts; I'm going to give the pasty old horse another couple whacks in an effort to bolster your point: Stating an opinion isn't fact. Neither does stating an opinion as fact make it so.

It's important to me, as I'm sure it is to at least a handful of other souls here, that we preserve a particular tone and quality to our discourse. Regardless of the number of registered accounts, the audience is widening, as it is wont to do after every release, and a fair number of young impressionable minds are out there.

~M

PS - Bioshock Infinite definitely had some issues, but "bad" is grossly unfair. Fight me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread