Pretty close to how I see it. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 18:10 (2395 days ago) @ Cody Miller

P.S. It's not that I didn't have other problems with the story. If I recall, in his universe, religion served only to justify oppression, whereas in actual American history abolitionists and civil rights advocates have often been motivated by their faith.

Yeah. I mean, the civil rights struggles in the USA were mostly won through nonviolence. Yet here the Vox are bloodthirsty savages. Two sides of the same coin Irrational says! Uh no. That just makes your minorities bloodthirsty savages. That could work if the game explored the relationship between the oppressors and the oppressed vis a vis violence, but it didn't.

It's stupid and lazy.

Completely disagree.

The plot threads surrounding Fitzroy, from her role as the only friend to Lady Comstock when that unfortunate woman was forced to live a lie by her Prophet, to her being framed for Lady Comstock’s murder, to her discovering the plight of her people (the ones not privileged enough to work in the homes of the rich), to finding she could be a rallying spark to free her people, to unfortunately becoming obsessed with revenge and revolution through violence.

Hers was a complex, heartening, tragic, and dangerous tale that was smartly told across the entire game. And the messages were clear. People in Fitzroy’s position could be comforting friend and also, with the wrong push, could be murderous leaders.

Lazy and stupid, it was not.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread