You're not the only one. (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 06:59 (2395 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I really enjoyed your contributions on HBO and early Destiny.

Thanks!

Regarding this thread, I'll give some honest feedback since you responded. You didn't used to be a lurker, but in my observation your posts are now few and far between- with one exception. You come out and (ironically?) do the exact same thing to Raga that you accuse him of doing. And it isn't just an isolated instance. The only difference is that you don't have any content to contribute in these posts and your goal appears to solely lie in bringing someone down. That's being a dick. Who does that help? That's the kind of thing I'd hope we were above here and I'm sad that that exists as part of this place. Snark is great, but doing it just to hurt someone sucks.

Guilty on a few levels. My posts have been cut back because I have learned that not everything warrants a contribution. Sometimes others have already said how I feel. Other times, I feel like posting in a good or bad way, even if done politely and constructively, will lead to a thread like this. This thread’s posts from me are ironic and of course were on purpose. Cody posted a thing that people disagreed with both in tone and content. Shocking, right? We’ve clearly never seen this before! So, let’s pretend Ragashingo for once decides to pull a me here and just not reply. Phisto doesn’t post. I don’t post. You’re not upset. Someone else may hit Cody, sure, but it doesn’t always have to be Raga policing. That’s all I’m pointing out up above.

So yeah, I was being a dick. I try to balance out Ragashingo occasionally. Doesn’t appear to help, but it’s not like he’s stopping with Cody either. That vicious circle. I figured in this instance that maybe it’d put an end to that portion of the thread. It sorta did. The original post was nice, and I feel like the thread departed from it quickly. I’m actually in agreement with you as a whole. Thinking before posting, or maybe knowing when to just not post. This Cody/Raga thing happens a bunch. And so I occasionally post a thing.

It's not just you though. I think familiarity can breed contempt and there has been a rise in the number of posts that seem to be aimed at scoring points in a longstanding feud rather than engaging with ideas. Perhaps I'm overreacting and maybe I'm the only one this bothers. In that case, I'm sorry and thanks for hearing me out.

Yep. Which is why I’ve cut back in general. I feel like my own content may not get anywhere. That’s my own doing from previous history of engagement, too. But it’s been continuing around here pretty strongly even without my input. A lot of people may need to take a step back a bit. You’re not the only one it bothers. It bothers me, and as some of my posts show, I’m part of it sometimes. I had contempt for Raga previously. I’ve moved past it, and now I’d just like him to ease off on policing so much. He brings some solid stuff to the table, so why let the Cody feuding and whatnot overshadow it? The same applies to others. It’s just been disappointing to watch the sniping and battling occur in general. And yeah, sometimes I feel compelled to join in a bit.

Anyways, I'm no authority here and you've no obligation to listen to me. These are just my thoughts on this particular behavior I've observed. I hope you're enjoying D2, but I'd love to hear your thoughts either way.

Even some in authority here are guilty of the above. But hey, it happens. I’m thoroughly enjoying D2. I figure that I’ll have my thoughts out by tonight, or some time this week. I finally got to Trials and can give a full idea on the game now.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread