You're not the only one. (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Monday, October 16, 2017, 16:01 (2396 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Why would I listen to this?

It's why my posts in the past year to him rarely actually engaged with anything he posited - By acknowledging such backwards thinking was, even if in disagreement, giving him validation. I refused to do that. I won't talk to a flat-earther - there's no point.

He's openly saying because he doesn't share my views, I'm not worthy of consideration.

I totally wanted to let sleeping dogs lie... but this isn't worthy of you.

That's not what he was saying, even a little bit. He was specifically talking about your internet persona, which he (and you) had acknowledged was different than your real-life persona. He was saying that your attitude was so toxic that he refused to engage - that's not saying anything REMOTELY like "he doesn't share my views, so he's not worthy of consideration." He believed that you were hurting the forum, hurting our little community, with your choice to be confrontational. (I'm pretty sure he didn't even give a shit about what you were talking about. It was how you chose to interact that he was fighting against. And It's something that *I've* fought against, too - both publicly and privately, with you. The difference is, when you brushed off MY concerns, I didn't walk away. Mig did.)

I also agree you've gotten better. I still miss his input on this forum. :(

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread