Lets explore Bioshock Infinite a bit more :) (Destiny)

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 13:46 (2394 days ago) @ breitzen

Good post.

This is why I love Dishonored so much. It gives you the choice. That system in place for this game could have had some interesting implications. Maybe you could have had an ending where you were able to survive with your daughter.

I need to play this game. I keep hearing about how good it it. That being said (back to Infinite), I'm comfortable with the firm non-choice ending. That wasn't ever my problem. Maybe a better way of putting it is that the Booker who shot all those people on the way to dealing with his own story doesn't feel like the guy who also erases himself for the good of the universe. It feels like another Booker from another path probably made that choice, but not the guy I played.

I also think the game has something interesting to say about redemptive violence. We can't forget, even the baptized Booker becomes something terrible as Comstock. I don't think that's lost on Booker when he figures out who Comstock is.

Good point.

I should add that I loved the art/music of the game. The haunting opening of the game with the relevant hymn/spiritual is beautiful. There are so many ways it succeeds and perhaps that's why I'm so hard on it.

It's definitely not a perfect game, and I think your critiques have been fair. :)

Likewise!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread