Pretty close to how I see it. (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 13:04 (2395 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I didn't ever play the DLC so things may have gone deeper/different direction there. Also, multiverse stuff is complicated!

The DLC offered a huge, and stupid retcon for Daisy Fitzroy, which was clearly done to alleviate the criticisms of her character.

That actually turned me off, in that the gray area the game originally explored had been one of its strengths as good art. Levine backtracked to the easy, morally unambiguous (and politically correct) line.

I thought the story and world-building in the original game were pretty amazing.

I've mentioned all this before, but I don't think I would have gotten as much out of it if ...

Needless to say, I found the game to be very rich.

Kerm

P.S. It's not that I didn't have other problems with the story. If I recall, in his universe, religion served only to justify oppression, whereas in actual American history abolitionists and civil rights advocates have often been motivated by their faith. Maybe there's some nod to that in the game, but I can no longer remember. I need to play it again. Or I need to pull out the long treatise I wrote but never posted for jillybean.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread