I have no real answers. I'm just some guy. (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, April 09, 2015, 18:32 (3307 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I've got all the exotics except Mythoclast, Necrochasm, and the PS exclusives. I've got all the VoG legendaries except Fatebringer. I've got some of the Crota weapons, including Oversoul Edict (loving it too). I've got some Iron Banner weapons with great rolls too.

What bugs me, and why I can understand Cody's frustration, is the one weapon I intentionally set out to get never drops for me. Part of that desire for it is completionism, having all the raid weapons from VoG, and part of that is that I just really like hand cannons, which Fatebringer is one of the best.

I think the real problem is not necessarily that RNG is a bitch, but that you can actually say "this HC is the best" or "this rocket launcher is the best". It's fine if you can say I just want to try that HC, but it altogether different if you don't have the best HC that everyone else has.

'Everyone else'?

Are we still talking about Hawkmoon? I doubt 5% of the population has one. (And I mean the PS4 population - add in the Xbox population, and the numbers go even lower.)

I'm sort of on Funkmon's side of this. I just got Fatebringer and Gjallarhorn recently - and I love them both, but I don't feel like I've wasted the last 6 months of playing because I played without them. They're great - but I had other stuff I was happy with before they dropped. (I say 'sort of' because I think both of them are going to change the way I play, while he doesn't even think that.)

If the game worked the way Cody wants it to work, I might have stopped playing PvE at this point - I play it now because it's a fun way to get (and level up) new weapons, but if I could just take whatever caught my eye, I'd skip it and spend all my time in PvP.

And that would be a loss, for me. I'm happy that's not the case.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread