You think I don't see that "it's", but I do. I always do... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, April 09, 2015, 23:11 (3307 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Don't recall people whining about not getting to fight Reptile in the old MK days, or crying that they couldn't get the top-tier loot out of the gate in a Final Fantasy game...

You don't understand my argument. Those things were entirely under the control of the player. Get good enough for the double flawless, and bam, you can fight reptile! Look at all the guides, and you can get all the top tier stuff in FF. Getting a Hawkmoon is 100% out of my control.

You can only call me entitled for wanting stuff you have to actually earn. Rolling an RNG is not earning.

Never said it was. But the Reptile fight DID have randomness. You had to play hoping you got the right map, hoping that the moon was full, and then hoping that you were able to do the double Flawless. Skill (such as beating the Nightfall, or reaching the Gorgon Chest, or beating Atheon/Ir Yut/ Crota) is involved to an extent, but randomness is still there. Just be thankful that there are a number of weighted events to give you exotics, and a chance at Hawkmoon.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread